About Me

My Photo

At the age of 14, I saw my neighbors fly by on their Yamaha R6's everyday and I thought...how cool would it be to ride one day? And here I am. Initially I got into it for the thrill but recently discovered a different side of riding. Touring. And so this blog exists to document my motorcycle adventures.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 5: Its cold! But so awesome

The Colorado Mountains. I've been dreaming of riding them ever since I started planning my trip a year ago. This would be the first time that I'd go up a real mountain and I was really excited. Last night, Osman helped me plan a route to get to my destination. He also recommended that I get a heated jacket since the temperature hovers or drops below freezing up in the mountains. I decided to test the waters and go up there with the gear that I already had. It was cold but still bearable. The rain suit that I was wearing did a very good job in keeping the wind out.

As soon as I started climbing the mountains, it started snowing. It wasnt really a big deal since nothing was sticking to the ground although I was getting a little worried that snow might cause another delay for me. I got a lot of thumbs up from cars that I passed and a couple of pedestrians. The more I climbed the mountain, the more amazing the views got. I'll let the pictures do the talking.













































3 comments:

  1. Realy enjoying the pictures and narrative!!!

    Any reason why you didn't get a tank bag for your trip? Not only would it give you some extra storage but when you fill it up with clothing it makes it real comfy for leaning forward onto it and tucking in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really should have got a tank bag. It would be a lot easier because I'm packed to the brim right now.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hit Counter
stats counter